It can sometimes be a little hard to determine exactly how to pose an individual subject to bring out their best qualities. Oh sure, you can ask them and build a rapport or by trial and error - but here is a 7-step technique that always works. Through a mix of affirmation and instruction - you'll always get the perfect shot.
It's easy! Just follow these steps:
- Start by saying, "Okay. Turn your head on more of a slant."
- After the subject has adjusted, tell them, "Now, make a fist and slowly ease it up underneath your chin."
- Put your subject at ease (and make them feel good too) by letting them know that, "This is looking really good"
- At this point, you're nearly there. So indicate this by saying, "Okay, hold still. Right there."
- *This is the critical step, the one that makes this a universally great way to pose any subject, tell your subject: "Now, just imagine you're weightless. You're in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by tiny little seahorses."
- Nail the shot.
- More affirmation never hurts. So say, "That was one and that's gonna come out really nice."
This technique is best used in a firm but very gentle voice. Let's have a look at how this is done in practice: